Featured Posts

Archive

Categories

Related Products

The Grand Linfield


I decided to bash this Michael’s miniature hutch for use in the Linfield Kitchen.


First step was to deconstruct the unit.


With the bottom and top units reduced to shells, I roughed out with pencil how I wanted to rework the shelves.


Starting with the bottom unit, I began constructing the shelves. I constructed the shelves outside of the unit to allow for easier painting. I used balsa board for the new shelves.


I decided not to use the center door and leave the center shelves open. I covered the two side doors with corrugated scrapbook paper after having removed the wooden knobs. I dry fitted all the components one last time before painting.


I primed and painted all the bottom pieces. I used a butter yellow on the shell, white for the shelves and door trim, and a soft green for the door panels. It left it looking rather bright and baby nursery-ish so I used a dark brown paint and dry brushed the entire piece to antique it.

Before antiquing:


After antiquing:


Next I moved to the top unit. I began constructing the shelving bits. Once everything was cut and dry fitted, I painted all the pieces.



I added plexi to the back of the doors and I covered the inside of the hutch with a print fabric.



I then began attaching all the shelves.


Once all the assembly was complete, I added glass beads for knobs and tiny jewelry findings as faux hinges. Lastly, I began filling it with all my kitchen miniatures.




I can’t wait to place this in the Linfield kitchen!


  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Pinterest Icon

©2018 MY TINY LIFE. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM