I purchased a used living room group from a hobby shop. It was an overstuffed, mint green, tattered, filthy mess. But the price was right!
I started by ripping off all the upholstery and foam. I then heated the bare furniture in the microwave for a few seconds to soften the glue holding all the wood pieces together. Once the pieces were just blocks of wood, I began recovering and reassembling.
I moved on to the tables. I made these from scratch and decorated with various miniature items I had on hand or made as I went along.
Next, I took a small pre-made crocheted doily and added additional crochet rows to make it bigger.
I then placed my furniture and created wall hangings and light fixtures.
The inside of the Linfield is done! Next on the agenda is a few flower boxes and porch decorations on the outside.