©2018 MY TINY LIFE. PROUDLY CREATED WITH WIX.COM

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Pinterest Icon

The Grand Linfield

July 6, 2017

I decided to bash this Michael’s miniature hutch for use in the Linfield Kitchen.

 

 

First step was to deconstruct the unit.

 

 

With the bottom and top units reduced to shells,  I roughed out with pencil how I wanted to rework the shelves.

 

 

Starting with the bottom unit, I began constructing the shelves.  I constructed the shelves outside of the unit to allow for easier painting.  I used balsa board for the new shelves.

 

 

I decided not to use the center door and leave the center shelves open.  I covered the two side doors with corrugated scrapbook paper after having removed the wooden knobs.  I dry fitted all the components one last time before painting.

 

 

I primed and painted all the bottom pieces.  I used a butter yellow on the shell, white for the shelves and door trim, and a soft green for the door panels.  It left it looking rather bright and baby nursery-ish so I used a dark brown paint and dry brushed the entire piece to antique it.

 

Before antiquing:

 

 

After antiquing:

 

 

Next I moved to the top unit.  I began constructing the shelving bits.  Once everything was cut and dry fitted, I painted all the pieces.

 

 

I added plexi to the back of the doors and I covered the inside of the hutch with a print fabric.

 

 

 

I then began attaching all the shelves.

 

 

Once all the assembly was complete, I added glass beads for knobs and tiny jewelry findings as faux hinges.  Lastly, I began filling it with all my kitchen miniatures.

 

 

 

 

I can’t wait to place this in the Linfield kitchen!

 

 

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

November 11, 2018

April 15, 2018

March 20, 2018

Please reload

Archive

Please reload

Related Products

Please reload

Categories